Last Updated: 03/24/2021
Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account with us (“Account”).
- We may collect certain information about and from each Customer Device, such as hostname, IP address, serial number, make, model. You and/or the applicable Customer or Authorized Users may install the Integration Tech on your Customer Device.
- We also separately collect our Customer Device location. For example, we may collect nearby Wi-Fi access points from a network card and share it with Google's location services to discover your location. We may be able to combine this information with the name of the primary user of such Customer Device. As a result, the applicable Customer or Authorized Users may be able to track your location. The applicable Customer can deactivate this feature by opting-out on Kolide’s Security and Privacy settings pane located at https://k2.kolide.com/1/settings/admin/privacy/edit.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your Customer Device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your Customer Device identification information.
- When you order Services, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information and billing information. We do not store this information directly on our servers, but this information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your purchases.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your email address) on the Site or through the Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users may be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional personal information.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect personal information, such as at other points in our Site or Services that state that personal information is being collected.
Our Services use the following types of Cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of Cookies||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Services and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Services and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.|
|Functionality Cookies||These Cookies allow our Services to remember choices you make when you use our Services, remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our Site/Application(s)/Service which you can customize. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Services.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||These Cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Services and how users use our Services. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Services, the websites that referred them to our Services, the pages they visited on our Services, what time of day they visited our Services, whether they have visited our Services before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Services more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site/Application(s)/Services.|
We use Google Analytics and other third party analytics services for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own Cookies. It is only used to improve how our Services works.
Information Collected via Technology
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Services.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your Customer Device. This information helps us provide and improve the Services. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Services, and information about the type of Customer Device you use.
Information Collected from You About OthersIf you decide to designate Permitted Users in connection with your use of the Services, we will collect from each Permitted User the following information: first and last name, email address, job title, phone number, and password. We rely on you to obtain all necessary rights, permissions, consents and approvals from Permitted Users to enable our collection, use, processing and disclosure of such information as set forth herein and in the MSA.
Use of Your Personal Information
In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
User Testimonials and Feedback.
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback.
We often receive testimonials, comments and feedback from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may share your content with your first name and last initial only.Creation of Anonymous Information.
We may create anonymous information records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use anonymous information and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose anonymous information to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
When you use the Services, the personal information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives, employer, employees and business associates. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your Account settings and changing your publishing options.Users.
We may share certain of your personal information with other users solely for the purpose of providing the Services.Third Party Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of Accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Kolide. Without limiting the foregoing, certain Services require that Kolide make available certain of your personal information to third parties to be processed by such third parties. Kolide may provide access to Personal Information to the entities listed on this page https://kolide.com/privacy-policy/sub-processors/
. You (or the applicable Customer or Administrative Users) may be able to opt out of the sharing of personal information to certain such third parties via your Account.Payment Processing Information.
For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information or other related information necessary to process payments. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please see https://stripe.com/us/privacy
We may share some or all of your personal information with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control.Customers.
We may share all or a portion of your personal information with Customer, that is, with your employer or the entity with whom you contract [and that has requested that you participate in the Services].Corporate Restructuring.
Customers and Administrators We may receive personal or anonymous information about you from Customers, such as first and last name, photo, email address, phone numbers, job title, and department. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you in order to provide and improve the Services.
Information we collect from you may be shared with Customers and Administrative Users. Such Administrative Users may also be able to modify certain or your Account settings.
The protection of personal information is a top priority for us so we will maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards designed to protect personal information at a level not materially less protective than as described in our Security Practices Page. Those safeguards will include measures designed to prevent unauthorized access, use, modification, deletion and disclosure of personal information. You can view these safeguards and practices at https://kolide.com/security
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your InformationYou have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services.
Access. You may access the personal information we hold about you at any time via your Account or by contacting us at the e-mail address set forth below.
Amend. You can also contact us at the e-mail address set forth below to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
Move. Your personal information is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your personal information to other service providers as you wish.
Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the personal information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your personal information.
UpdatesYou have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
Transfer of Personal Information Outside the EEAYour information, including personal information that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and our affiliates and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using our Services, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Automated Decision-MarkingWe do not use your personal information for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfil obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
Data Retention PeriodsWe will only retain your personal information as long as reasonably required for you to use the Services and/or to provide you with the Services or until you close your Account unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).
A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Company and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Antigoni Sinanis
100 Dover St Suite 100A, Somerville MA 02144.
Subject to the next paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through our Services or otherwise to us.