The Kolide mobile app allows iOS and Android devices to communicate with the Kolide service.
The Kolide Mobile App is intended for use with iPhones, iPads, and Android-based mobile devices. End-users can obtain the app from the following locations:
To associate your mobile device with a Kolide organization, follow the instructions outlined in Using Kolide - Device Registration - How to Register Mobile Devices.
The Kolide Mobile App operates within the mobile operating system’s sandbox. As a result, the information Kolide can obtain about the mobile device is generally limited and consists of:
- The device’s operating system and version
- The device’s uptime
- The version of the Kolide agent installed
- The amount of total RAM
- Information about the CPU (e.g., A16 Bionic)
- The make and model of the device (e.g., iPhone 15 Pro Max)
- Whether the device has been jailbroken or if sideloading is enabled (mobile only)
- Whether the device has a passcode set up
- The IP address of the device
Data is only collected when the app is launched by the end-user, or the app is activated via a push notification (e.g., when the user is asked to launch the app to authenticate to an app protected by Kolide Device Trust).